Blogging friends are really so very nice!
This past week bloggers have been so very kind and generous to me. I was invited by a blog friend to a wonderful lecture and lunch in Denver this past Saturday all about Schoolgirl Samplers. The lecture was given by Amy Finkel who deals in these beautiful old samplers and has a little shop in Philadelphia. I had a wonderful time and met some lovely ladies. Thank you again Judy!!
I also want to thank Milly, Tracey, & Carol for these sweet awards. I’m only semi following the rules here and passing these on to 5 bloggers (there are bunches more I would put on the list but I see that many of them have been awarded already).
- Nancy at Lovely in Chocolate
- Margaret at A Sampler of Stitches
- Su at Contemplating my Needle & Thread
- Christina at The Sometimes Crafter
- Katrina at A Kiwi Stitching
As part of the award I’m supposed to tell 10 things about myself , sorry but I could only come up with 5 (they are very dull anyway, 10 would have put you to sleep).
- I’ve been stitching for over 25 years
- I used to work as the food service director for a camp/conference center
- I have cooked for over 500 people at a time
- I met my husband when I was 14
- I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up – I homeschool
Thank you again!!!
I’ve kitted up Honeysuckle Manor to start, I think I’m going to change the linen to 35 Weeks Linen-linen, it looks much more like the linen in photo than the recommended linen (the very yellow looking linen you can see between the book and the threads). Maybe this should be my late Spring early Summer project, I have too many things I’d like to complete before I start yet another sampler…but I may not be able to resist.