I’ve made a bit more progress on my DMC color project. I’m stitching one little house for each DMC color and labeling it with the color number. I don’t have a pattern for this, you can see the way the house is stitched in the close-up and the simple numbers I’m backstitching. I’m following the DMC color card for color order which you can find here. The first 3 columns are complete. I’m planning on a little more purple stitching today. I’m stitching this on a fat half of 32 count antique white lugana and should have room to spare.
As I go I’m reorganizing my DMC threads. Making the switch back to bobbins (I go back and forth with bobbins/baggies). I’ve found these great boards for hanging up rings of threads I have kitted up for works in progress or things I plan to start soon. Very handy! They come in oak, maple, and pine and with different types of hardware and finishes. There isn’t a website but feel free to contact me if you are interested.
My car got a bit crunched yesterday when my neighbor’s truck rolled down the hill and smashed into it (no one was in either vehicle). My transportation may be a bit limited this week, I should know on Monday about repairs and how long. It’s inconvenient but I’m not too upset, there are much more important things, my neighbor feels terrible and I had a hard time convincing him it wasn’t a big deal. We are all just very glad no kids, who are often skateboarding or riding bikes in the area, were out there when it happened.
I’m off to gather up my purple threads.