It was a fairly productive weekend. I finished up a pretty big order of Impie, Hattie & Bea things for the distributor, squeezed in a teeny bit of knitting, some stitching, and tried out a new chicken recipe on the family.
I worked on both a large and small project stitching-wise this weekend. I’m nearing the halfway point on Quaker Sampler III from With My Needle and just need to finish up the over one and the bird on Feathered Friends – March from Cherished Stitches. I like several designs in this series and think I’d like to have a basket of little bird finishes.
I always forget that I can’t just dive into a knitting project but have to wind the yarn into something I can work with first. I sometimes remember to have this done when I buy yarn at a shop but when you buy through the mail you are on your own. I’ve looked at the handy ball winder and swift you can buy to make this quick and easy….but they’re quite pricey. I guess I’d rather spend that money on yarn and wind it by hand.
I finally got one skein of the yarn that matches Yzma’s eyes wound in a ball. I knitted a little swatch of the pattern I’m thinking of using to see if I like the look, not sure I do so I’ll pull this out and cast on fewer stitches and see what I think.
I cooked up a another batch of these sugar biscuits since I still had whipping cream that needed to be used up. These are really yummy with coffee. The chicken was very well liked even if it was covered in spinach…actually Kellen is the only one who raised an eyebrow. Here’s the recipe.
PS – Ophelia had a busy weekend too!